Tool and Die Maker
3041 Faye Road, Jacksonville, FL 32226, USA
Friday, October 14, 2022
TOGETHER, WE SAVE LIVES
The Safariland Group, is a leading global provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group's mission, "Together, We Save Lives", is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. Our holsters division is a premier designer and innovator of safety holsters and other duty gear, as well as a manufacturer of components and finished products for holsters and firearm accessories. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Injection Mold-Tool Maker to join our team.
Responsible for programming, set up, manufacturing, and build of new injection molding tooling, tool repair, and fixtures, and accountable for ensuring molds and related equipment are manufactured and maintained to perform to Company standards.
- Works closely with all molding personnel in the facility as well as all engineers, molding technicians and process engineering to improve mold part quality, mold efficiencies and address assembly problems due to molded parts quality
- Spec out, set up, operate, specify, and maintain Shop machining equipment, tooling, fixtures, hand tools, manuals, and spare parts
- Setup and operate manual milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders to produce injection molds and components (slides, wedges, GIBBS, ejector pins, core pins and pillar supports)
- Corresponds with Design Group for instructions on mold function and special details to build the mold accurately, as well as, troubleshooting and revisions of molds
- Operates milling machine, surface grinder, lathe and other small machines Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; adjust as necessary
- Operate laser engraver to engrave electrodes, mold cavities, cores, and mold base.
- File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit together
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify jigs, gauges and tools using machine and hand tools
- Assembles the mold frame, installing the water fittings, wiring the injection system, fitting up any "side" actions such as hydraulic or mechanical
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity and defects
- Lift, position and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoist, vises, v-blocks, or angle plate
- Measure, mark and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance
- Setup and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinder to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths or power grinders
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies based on specifications
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication or assembly processes
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
- Solid background in the use of machinery and inspection equipment of all types
- Competent in the use of FADAL vertical machining center
- Competent in the use of Mikron vertical machining center
- Competent in the use of OKK vertical machining center
- Knowledge of CAD-CAM software, BobCAD, SolidWorks, and CamWorks
- Five plus (5+) year experience in the machining mold making field
- Basic CNC/EDM experience and machine operation
- Experience in high tech injection molding with polystyrene and/or micro plastic features, single and multi-cavity cold runner, hot tip and valve gate injection mold design and maintenance are desired but not require
- Control operations of equipment and/or systems
- Determine type of tools and/or equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to maintain and repair all production equipment as requested
- Ability to adjust the controls of a machine quickly and repeatedly to exact positions
- Ability to see details at close range
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, use, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to . We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.
First Level Craft Workers