At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic - JAX in Jacksonville.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information.
- Attend and practice all required training.
- Perform predictive maintenance techniques on equipment to enhance uptime conditions.
- Train operators on maintenance techniques when called to troubleshoot or repair equipment.
- Become and maintain to be SME around component level training with operators.
- Completes preventative maintenance and other reliability tasks, assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of machines; partner with engineering or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling solutions.
- Utilize root cause analysis thought process to ensure sustainability of corrective actions and/or improvements to drive asset reliability.
- Effectively complete PM's as scheduled to eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Proficient and diligent in use of CMMS system to track maintenance action items.
- Classify breakdowns and analyze gaps in the entire process of design, fabrication, and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize the continuous improvement mindset and tools to actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities, improving processes including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events. This includes CILT (Clean, Inspect, Lube and Tighten). All completed with a Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Follow QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times.
- Adhere to all Pillar Standards and actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to assessments, observations, inspections, and recommendations.
- Communicates effectively with Forepersons, OPEX Leaders, Production Leaders, Reliability Leader, Engineering and other colleagues.
- Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals.
- Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs.
- Assist, train, and coach employees.
- Comply with all regulations, policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic PC skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision making ability and work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work various hours and shifts
- Able to work overtime when required
- Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- Journeyman in Mechanical/Electrical or 2 year degree in an equivalent field Preferred
- Achieve and maintain required certifications
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
- Various predictive maintenance equipment, shop equipment and tools, hand tools etc.
- Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Software including: Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Industrial power equipment (Forklift, scissor, pallet jack, etc.)
At Danone North America, you'll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You'll be part of the largest Certified B Corp in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn't just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We're proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.