The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and "real life" business acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, network with professionals and learn from some of the brightest minds in business.
This position will provide support for IT Client Services and gives the intern opportunity for potential full-time employment with the company.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* Complete tasks on computer using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Interact effectively with team members on a daily basis. Share opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or his or her study program.
* Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory oversight.
* Recognize problems which are beyond intern's capabilities and learn from the experts in the area.
* Work assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
* Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Present year-end presentation of Woodward internship experience.
* Must report GPA status to leader on a quarterly/semester basis.
* Operating system upgrades from XP to Windows 7
* Interaction with experienced IT and business professionals
* Internal customer interaction working IT ticket issues to resolution
* Other functions will vary based on the assigned work area.
* May rotate assignments to gain additional business experience.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
* Competent in the use of PCs, MS Office Programs and other associated software.
* Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
* Effective time management skills.
* Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to speak, read and write along with good listening skills.
* Good marks in relevant subjects.
* Possess high motivation, flexibility and ability to work on his/her own.
* Some IT related customer service preferred
* In this internship you would be expected to work approximately 16 hours each week between 7am and 5pm (flexibility around class schedules).
* There will be travel between Loveland and Fort Collins to support the local Woodward sites.
Education or Formal Training
Must be at least a sophomore in an accredited College or University program and have an acceptable grade point average.
Seeking Business majors with concentration in Computer Information Systems (CIS).Experience Required
No experience required. Previous internship or other working experience, a plus.Materials and Equipment Used
Materials and Equipment used will depend on the specific job assignment. In general, most positions will use:
* PCs including word processing applications, spreadsheets and Woodward proprietary applications
* Standard hand tools and measuring devices
* Standard office equipment (Copiers, Fax Machines, etc.)Working Environment/Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however, depending on the location or job assignment, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, and dust and differential temperatures.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer